As I woke up this morning I wondered if the joy in my heart would last forever? I decided I wanted to put into words just how I feel. Maybe when Drew is about 25 or 30 he can look back on these words and know the Joy he brought his family. The mountaintop is pretty darn good! As I look at this little boy I wonder what his life will be like and I pray for a good one! I do know with all my heart he has THE best parents I have ever seen. How blessed this little boy is to have them in his life to guide him. These are the images in my heart I will carry with me the rest of my life.
- When we left for the hospital Josh gave me a letter -thanking me for being his mom and being his child's grandmother -he said my life will never be the same after that day -and boy was he right!
- Early on Wednesday morning I was standing outside Ericas room and felt so afraid and wanted someone to just say everything was going to be OK and I looked up at the nurse board and the Nurse in CHARGE was named Faye! I knew at that moment we were going to all be alright! for you that don't know that was my moms name! I have never known another Faye -and spelled the same way. I went in the room and told Josh to come with me - I took him to the nurse station and told him to look at the board and he just looked at me and said "We'll be OK now,Mom" We were always OK with her in charge of us! that was a special moment that day.
- The waiting and the funny things we thought of and said. We decided my name the baby calls me should be "Hot tamolly"-I don't think so.Then we talked about Ben being Uncle Ben -like the rice! Yes we were a little giddy -or just tired of waiting and not breathing.
- The moment Josh came running down the hall tears flowing to tell us about his baby boy! I held my big baby and let him cry the tears of joy and relief that he had kept inside for hours-days-months.
- Meeting Drew for the first time. I could not take my eyes off of him or stop touching him,I felt almost like it was a dream - a wonderful one and did not ever want to wake up from it.
- The first time I held him -he truly slid into my heart!
- Buying the first clothes for Drew not baby yaya - he had a name!! He is real and with us now!
- Erica- what can I say about this amazing girl that loves my son and now my grandson. Amazed beyond words at the way she brought this 9 lbs 9 oz - big boy into this world. I have loved Erica for years now but never as much as this week. She joined motherhood with pure determination and strength! She is a wonderful mother already - how blessed Drew is to have her in his corner in life.
I will cherish these memories forever -of the week God brought Drew into our life!