CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Abilene Living Magazine…Oh my gosh!

Well my little cottage is busting out with excitement around here. Last fall a darling friend of mine – Heather Lundgren Martin called and ask if she could put my little cottage in their spring magazine- Abilene Living.I said sure but was a little afraid that when people saw my house they would not understand- why the heck I have a broken umbrella, an awning or an old window hanging above my bed on the inside of my house. I do understand my home is a little different – to say the least. What can I say – I love junk and what can be made from it. Well the Magazine came out this week – it was like waiting for Christmas morning to arrive for this grown up kid! I could not be happier at how it looks – thanks Heather and the amazing photographer Jason McDonald.

DSC05312 DSC05313

DSC05314

 

DSC05316

I was a little over whelmed by it all –I thought it would be like one page of pictures but there are 6 pages of my house! What was so  COOL about this and just a example how God works through our lives daily is the rest of the story!  The Magazine spotlights people around Abilene and I shared the pages with some amazing Christ centered folks! One story was about my Praying Angel Friend Doris – remember the story I told you about my angel who prayed over me in  my darkest days? There she was written up about her prayer ministry and her Antique shop – God works in mysterious ways! Also Heather who owns the magazine, as a child came every summer to my Kids Sewing Camp and I taught her to sew. She was one of my favorites because she had(and still does) the cutest bubbliest personality ever! Isn’t it just amazing that 18 years later God puts us together again! She writes about her coming to the store and the memories she has with Mom,Brenda and myself.

What I have thought of all week is- that you just never know the impact of people in our lives and the way God weaves our stories together.

Thanks again Heather – You can pick up a copy  around town and guess what? Its free!

Well I guess I better get back to earth and go clean the bathrooms – ugh!

Molly B

7 comments:

Mary Kay said...

You my friend have impacted so many lives! I can't wait to get my hands on the magazine. You have such a creative flair and always have! You deserve this Molly! I am so happy for you! And yes, isn't it fun when we hear sweet stories about our Moms! Congrats!!

Roxanne said...

Molly! I'm so excited!!! Doris texted me on Thursday to tell me the new Abilene Living was out. We squealed and giggled about God's goodness, thanking Him for His good plans. She told me all about her 6 pages, story and beautiful photos. Later, I asked her whats on the cover and when she read your name I started jumping up and down. When I reminded her which Molly you were, she was praising God too! So thankful for our amazing Father that loves us beyond measure!

I love you dear friend!

bunnytrails said...

Molly, The article was just great and the pictures were wonderful!!! What a darling little cottage you ave!! Congratulations!!
Jo Carol

Katie said...

Molly that is so cool!! You are definitely talented and have a precious home :) I often think of "Camp Sew Fun" and Ms. B's fudge, too! Anna and I had some fun in the kitchen of that store!

klp said...

how very special!!!

annalee said...

I am soo excited for you and each person that gets to read it!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Miss Molly! How super exciting to have your amazing home and collections in such a wonderful magazine!!! Soooo happy for you! I love your style so much. You are so creative and really have a keen eye for repurposing old objects. Yes, our Father does work his creative ways to link folks together. There are reasons for all of it and YOU see how he works, which I love.

Smiles for you!!!

Becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails