CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This is the Day...


On my recent trip to Chicago for our annual Bernina Sewing Center Sales meeting. I borrowed a book from my sister Brenda ( which is kinda funny - since she does not read much) but the book was "Mosiac" by Amy Grant. Now Amy and I go back alot of years - I feel like we grew up together and no I have never met her but I own every 8 track/cassette/CD she has ever recorded. So I was excited to read her book and get a better insight into her life. One thing that she talked about doing every morning ,I have now started doing myself and I would like to share that with you. Every morning - for me that is about 7:00 -Bella wakes me up to go out and we go to my back yard. I start my day by saying " This is the Day the Lord has made,WE will rejoice and be glad in it"! Standing right in the middle of my yard looking to the East and the sun coming up. What a difference saying that every morning has made. Isn't it funny how God brings people or dogs into our lives to make changes for the good. If we stop to think that God has made every day for us - even the bad days- it makes the day much better. Once again Amy has touched my life and she doesn't even know it. Isn't that great! If you are a Amy fan , read her book .I found out I had a lot in common with her and we both love to go to Destin, Florida with our families! Maybe someday I will be sitting on the beach early in the morning and Amy and I will welcome the day together!

1 comments:

winstonbot said...

Molly...
its really funny, but I too have had the most profound moments in the wee hours of the morning while letting my dog out for her morning business.One morning I was out and the air smelled like the freshest smelling rain ever. and I was suddenly overwhelmed with the presence of Jesus in my life and how He died for me and how His grace saves me every hour, and now everytime I smell the rain I am reminded of that and am forever grateful. It is the sweetest smell ever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails